We have an exciting opportunity for a Style Advisor to join the Style for your Shape team at our store at 2 Schoolhill, Aberdeen. Style for your Shape is an independent size inclusive boutique, where women can shop without being defined by a size. We stock womenswear in sizes size 8-28 and offer a personal shopping service instore.
The Style Advisor will report to the Store Supervisor and the focus of the role is to provide a high level of customer service to our wide demographic of customers who visit the store and shop online. The Style Advisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience, offering advice to customers while they browse instore. This will often include selecting garments for customers to try and assisting them while they are in the changing rooms
- Lead personal shopper experiences from start to finish – welcoming customer to the store, explaining the concept and assisting them throughout their visit. (This responsibility will begin once trained by the Store Supervisor and/or Store Owner and have shadowed at least 3 personal shopper sessions)
- Assist the Store Supervisor with handling new stock and carry out all relevant quality checks, noting any defects or issues within 48 hours of stock arriving
- Assist with updating inventory on the Shopify system and ensuring all links between shop point of sale and website are working correctly
- Participate in discussions with Store Supervisor and Store Owner on analysis of store sales, highlight any key themes emerging from customer engagement and feedback
- Follow company guidelines for all cash handling including till transactions and cashing up
- After probation period passes, will have shared responsibility for opening and closing the store, including setting security alarms
- Provide holiday cover for Store Supervisor when required
- Assist with the implementation of seasonal layouts/sales and visual guidelines throughout the store
- Contribute ideas to the store’s social media strategy
- Follow all company health, safety and security guidelines
One of the main attributes we’re looking for is for the suitable candidate to demonstrate an understanding of the different emotions female customers experience while shopping on the high street and online. This is central to providing the high level of customer experience our customers are accustomed to. The team at Style for your Shape work closely together to ensure our standard of customer service is exemplary and it is key that you can work well within a team environment.
To be part of our team, we’d love you to have:
- Experience in a similar role in Fashion Retail
- A confident, calm and respectful approach while dealing with customers and staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience using Shopify website or point of sale (POS) would be beneficial
- Ability to understand and analyse sales reports and marketing data would be beneficial
- A good understanding of Visual Merchandising (VM)
- Experience of using social media would be beneficial to assist with the company’s social media strategy
- The ability to work under pressure and be adaptable to change
The role is part-time and can be between 3-5 days per week (minimum 18 hours). The number of hours available is seasonal and the core days that we would like to be covered with this role are Wednesday-Friday, typical shift would be 11am-4pm. There are shifts available at the weekend, and it would be preferable if the candidate could work one day at a weekend, this can be discussed at interview phase. The shop opening hours are available on our website - https://styleforyourshape.com/. Please indicate in your cover letter/application whether you are available to work at a weekend.
The current lease for the shop is until December 2024, so this will be the term included within the contract.
Pay & Benefits
- The role is paid at an hourly rate on a weekly basis. Hourly rate is £10.50 per hour.
- Staff discount included – 20% off all full price purchases
- Access to discounts at shops within Bon Accord Centre, St Nicholas Centre and Schoolhill
- Christmas bonus – at owners’ discretion and depending on sales targets being met
How to apply
Please send your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter via email to Store Owner, Victoria Mutch firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to accompany your CV with a short video introducing yourself (instead of the cover letter), please attach this to your email with your CV. You can also apply for the role via Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3676715279/
Closing date is Wednesday 9th August 2023.
We are looking to fill this role quickly, so we may begin interviews and organise a trial shift before the closing date, depending on number of applications. The proposed start date for the successful candidate would be Wednesday 23rd August, but this date can be discussed during hiring process. If you are asked for an interview, the second stage will be a short trial shift at the store.
2 Schoolhill, Aberdeen, AB10 1JX
Discounted parking available at Loch Street and Harriet Street Car Parks, £5 day pass available. Central location with good access to bus stops at Broad Street and Union Street. Train station is 10 minute walk.
We are in the process of designing and manufacturing our own collection, so if you have experience in this area, please let us know in your cover letter. Other areas where we are making improvements in is on our social media strategy, website sales and marketing/advertising. There will be opportunities to be involved in these areas if you have experience or a passion you’d like to pursue.